At Birthcare our staff are committed to providing you with education and confidence during your early postnatal days. All Birthcare classes are designed to support new and seasoned parents both through their physical recovery and for the upcoming journey home. We have a range of Birthcare postnatal education classes ranging from Infant and Child First Aid, through to Preparation to Going Home and Physiotherapy classes.
This class runs for an approximate of 45 minutes and runs every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am with morning tea provided. This class is run by our highly experienced Midwives and Childbirth Educators.
• You will never know it all and dealing with well-meaning advice.
• Overview of the ‘My Health Book’ including vaccinations, normal growth and development, learning and growing with baby, looking after yourself , safety at home, and emergency responses
• Feeding patterns, how do you know baby is getting enough, feeding cues, recognizing good feeding. Safe sleep and settling baby
• Question time, morning tea and an opportunity to meet other new parents.
This class is free for all parents who are staying at Birthcare Auckland in our postnatal rooms.
This class runs for an approximate of 25 minutes and runs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. This class is run by our highly experienced Physiotherapists, who are here to support you with any questions or concerns you have about your physical recovery.
New parents enjoy these information sessions, as it is an opportunity to assist their physical recovery in the early postnatal days. The session is valuable for both vaginal and caesarian deliveries.
• Pelvic floor and abdominal muscles rehabilitation
• General bladder, bowel and postural advice
• Having an abdominal muscle check
• Guidance on returning to general exercise safely
Facilitated by a qualified child/infant first aid instructor.
Perfect for new and expecting parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, older siblings, babysitters or anyone who may be responsible for little people. This 2-hour course will teach you the skills required to help an infant or child in an emergency
• Basic Life Support – Detailed steps to follow in the initial stages of providing first aid, including hands on training in CPR
• Prevention and Management of Choking
• Anaphylaxis – What is it and how to manage it
• Fever – Signs and Symptoms and how to relieve fever in infants and children
• Prevention and care for: Burns, Poisoning, Fractures & Bleeding
Cost: $45.00 per person.
Duration: One session over two hours